Sunday, February 14, 2010

Walk in the Light and 23 Tales by Tolstoy














"I remained alive when I was a man, not by care of myself, but because love was present in a passerby, and because he and his wife pitied and loved me. The orphans remained alive, not because of their mother's care, but because there was love in the heart of a woman, a stronger to them, who pitied and loved them. And all men live not by the thought they spend on their welfare, but because love exists in man.
I understood that God does not wish men to live apart, and therefore he does not reveal to them what each one needs for himself, but he wishes them to live united, and therefore reveals to each of them what is necessary for all."


So we really do need each other!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. In man dwells love
2. It is not given to man to know his own needs
3. All men live not by care for themselves, but by love

Can love be completely extinguished in a person?

--

Also on a side note- whenever I refer to this book I really mean Father Sergius by Tolstoy--!